CH Newsletter #5 December 3, 2021
As part of joining our private residential community, our members receive weekly updates about the community, upcoming events, developments in the student residence and any other relevant news. We've decided to post these updates on our website in order to let our visitors looking for student housing get an inside view of the Chelsea House student life!
Hope you had a great week!
Here are some updates for you:
- We’ve started receiving our Apartment numbers! These are custom made brass 2.75” numbers imported from London UK 🇬🇧 - we hope you’ll like them as much as we do !! To give you some context, its quite rare to find door numbers that aren’t the standard 4” / have a nice clean classic typography that isn’t generic / without any drill holes. This comes from a family business that makes these to order. So yeah ! You’ll start seeing them be put next week & we should receive them all shortly (the first batch we got was stuck at customs for 4 weeks).
- Thanks to feedback received by Sophie 🇨🇦 this morning concerning a marble step that had chipped; we were able to fix it in the same day 💪🏽 big thanks to Eric the foreman extraordinaire 🙏
- The Coinamatic laundry machines are now FREE !! Thanks for your patience :) Now that you can go nuts on keeping your drip as fresh as possible, please be mindful to empty out your wash once it’s done (the app is useful for that) so as to allow another member to get their Laundry 🧺 going.
Regarding that, we’ve thinking of ideas to maybe add temporary like fixed baskets so that if ever the machines are full you could put someone’s wash in there instead of the floor. Work in progress it’s still in the brainstorm phase 🙏
- EXAM SEASON is upon us. With upcoming finals we’d like to remind you to respect your fellow members and to keep noise at a minimum at night. It’s a stressful time that everyone is going through so please be respectful.
As always, if you’d like to book the lounge for an event (a.k.a outside guests, party, or using up the whole space) please ask us with 5 days notice. If it’s a party big gathering we will now have a security guard present to ensure that the party ends at the announced hour, that it doesn’t overflow into the House, and to ensure it stays under control. Keep in mind that the organizer is held responsible for his guests actions.
My recommendation: for the next few weeks if you want to go out, hit us up and we’ll recommend to you places to go out, have drinks, relax, that you may have not tried yet ! 🍸
- COMMUNITY FEEDBACK & EVENTS
Fiona has started meeting apartment units to get to know you better and get your feedback. She’s really excited to meet you all individually. We will do our best to help you out and see how we can improve :)
As for events - thanks to the feedback collected from this process we will be putting on some exam-friendly events with the help of empowered members who want to contribute.
For example - Manon & Camille 🇫🇷 suggested a hot Cocoa & Movie night 🎥 which is a great idea seeing as we just got our popcorn machine 🍿!!
- Our favorite party planner Matia 🇨🇦 might concoct a RELAX gaming event perhaps with his Nuclear Fusion powered Gaming Rig (which had been stumping electricians until recently haha)
-PJ also has a stress reliever activity set up we just need to select the date - group boxing class at Boxxing 🥊 gym which just opened downtown. It’s on-the-beat boxing to music & is a concept from Rumble NYC
EXTRA CASH / PART TIME WORK
We thought it would be good to share to you that we were able to successfully help Noor 🇦🇪 get a job working Coatcheck at a restaurant in Old Montréal ! Congrats Noor 🥳
So you know, you are allowed under your student visa to work up to 20 hours per week. If ever you’re serious about finding a job, know that we are more than willing to help you out!
MEMBER UPDATE SHOUTOUT
Finally we’d like to share how impressed we are with Arthur Monnier 🇧🇪 who in the past 3 months of first stepping foot in Canada has joined a music band and had his first live show last Saturday!!
You’ll find an image attached sent in by Tom 🇹🇷 who as you’ll see, won’t be pursuing a career in photography anytime soon 😂 !!
Seriously though the place was packed and a crew of 5 Chelsea members went to the show to encourage Arthur our very own rockstar ⭐️!!
If you have any questions concerns or if you want to share any good news (we take those too!!) feel free to get in contact with us 🙏
CHELSEA HOUSE COMMUNITY TEAM
P.S.: The movie “Dune” is incredible. Highly recommended & directed by Montreal’s very own Denis Villeneuve.